WOW Mage Builds 4.0.6
The Mage is a wizard who has mastered the magic of fire, ice and arcane. Its strength lies in its incantations spells of varying length that can wreak havoc in the ranks of the enemy. This is the best class in the game for everything related spells AE (Area Effect = all spells that will do splash damage, thereby affecting several enemies in a given area) and is also very effective in the fight against a single target at a time. It can do a lot of damage very quickly.
In addition, the caster is also a very useful class to other players, by its ability to increase the intelligence of its allies, but also, and especially its ability to invoke water and food to enable his companions to regenerate free (yes, WoW players are often very stingy, they rely heavily on the mage), and invoked its portals that can instantly teleport a party / raid in the capital.
- Daggers (with training),
- one-handed swords (with training).
The capabilities of the Mage
The single target damage :
The mage has an arsenal of fate allowing him to do damage on one target at a time, ranging from Fireball to Frostbolt.
Its strength for single target damage lies in his mastery of three different schools of magic, allowing him to do damage in any situation (note that the mage is the ONLY class that control three different schools of magic. Some classes like the shaman or priest (Elf particular) have lots of different schools of magic, but not enough to qualify as real mastery).Rare situations where you will not find a spell which the enemy is not immune. The mage is not the class that does the most damage, contrary to accepted ideas. It’s just the class that will cause damage in any situation.
WARNING : I did not say so long as the mage can never be the class that does the most damage. In fact, everything depends on the situation, and the mage is the class that has the best average. Thus, a thief, a hunter or warlock can compete with the mage, and depending on the situation, it will be more or less effective.
The damage zone :
This is the great strength of the mage. Not content to compete with other classes in terms of single target damage, it can be CLASS of damage zone. Just as the single target damage, he can choose from three different schools of magic (Arcane-Fire-Frost) and to counter the resistance of the enemy. In addition, each of his spells has a different operation, allowing our wizard to do damage, again, whatever the situation. We thus find in outline:
- the explosion Arcane (Arcane): instant cast
- the shock of flame (fire): cast spell
- the blizzard (ice): fate line
Ability to keep the enemy at bay:
The mage class is the weakest of the game, or maybe even THE most fragile. Due to its cloth armor, but also its low points of life.
Fortunately, Blizzard ® has thought of everything, and gives the mage an arsenal of spells in order to withstand the fight longer, and keep melee at bay.
Spells to slow the enemy:
Generally, all spells of frost tree are useful in slowing enemies. It is possible to improve the slowdown in the branch of your Frost talent tree.
Spells to immobilize the enemy:
- Frost Nova – An explosion blows the mage nearby enemies, inflicting X to Y Frost damage and freezes on the spot for Z seconds. This is a very powerful spell, very useful to escape without the enemy can chase the mage, or to complete an enemy and prevent him from fleeing. Moreover, with the Shatter talent of the Frost tree, this increases to 50% chance of critical strike to the enemy while under the influence of Frost Nova. Ultimate PVP!
- Metamorphosis – The fate of metamorphosis transforms the enemy into a sheep (now this may be a pig, see a turtle), forcing him to wander around for the duration of the spell. As he wanders, the sheep can not attack or cast spells but quickly regenerates hit points. Any damage inflicted to it restores its original shape. Only one target can be transformed at a given time. The fate of metamorphosis only works on Beasts, Humanoids and critters. The fate of metamorphosis is to dismount the target if it was on his mount. The ultimate fate of an enemy mage to stop and render it harmless (very handy for running away as well).
2 armors are made available to the mage
- Ice Armor – Increases armor by X and frost resistance of Y. If an enemy strikes the caster when the spell is active, its movements can be slowed and Z% A% of his attacks.Duration of Effect: B minutes.
- Mage Armor – Increases the mage’s resistances to all schools of magic of X. The mana regeneration increased by 30%
during the same invocation.
- Mana Shield – Allows X to absorb physical damage but drains the mana received from the mage instead. This spell lasts for Y minutes. This is a spell to use when you are in trouble or about to die. As this spell your mana runs out, you just have to hope that your enemy before you die!
- Ice Barrier (requires 31 points in Frost) – Used to absorb X damage physical and magical receipts. This spell lasts 60 seconds and has a ridiculous cooldown (30 sec). This is a very useful spell to increase the survivability of the mage. For use in all situations where the mage is about to take damage.
- Fire Ward – Absorbs X damage from fire. Y takes minutes. This spell is useful when you face an enemy who master the power of fire.
- Frost Ward – Absorbs X frost damage. Y takes minutes. This spell is useful when you face an enemy who master the powers of frost.
The mage has a number of spells that allow him to make the joy of his companions. This is both an advantage and a disadvantage. Indeed, most of these spells will be very useful solo. In addition, you will be very happy to bring happiness around you … At least at first. It is from these spells that the mage has become known for vending machine with the difference that most of the time, other players do not even bother to insert piece.
- Conjure Food: the mage has spells that allow him to teleport food. At least that’s what it says Blizzard ®, because with all the tons of food that I have given during my time as a player, I fear I have exhausted the reserves in my favorite city … Let us say that the magician has the ability to click a button to add a stock of food in his bag, he can then exchange its allies (or capitals to beggars who prefer to go to a magician than to go find food themselves , which is understandable as to the cost of food from the dealer). There are two categories of food: bread for recovering the life bar, and water that can regenerate mana.
- Buff intelligence: the mage has a buff (buff temporary) which allows him to make her more powerful allies. For the mage, he can increase the intelligence of a character for a period of 30 min, or that of a group for a period of 60 min (requires Arcane Powder).
- Summoning gates: Magician can summon portals to every capital of his faction (respectively: Darnassus Ironforge-Stormwind for the Alliance-and-Orgrimmar Undercity Thunder Bluff for Horde-).Members of his group can then borrow by clicking it, and will then be teleported to the capital associated. (Requires a rune of portal and a lvl)
Management of mana:
The mage is about to empty mana. In those cases where all his mana runs out, the mage is almost harmless, its capabilities
in melee is more pathetic that he can no longer rely on his wand.
He then has a few spells to best manage his mana:
- Evocation: Increases mana regeneration by 1500% for 8 seconds. This spell is used when your mana bar is at 0. It will thus allow you to recover in about 8 seconds 70% of your mana. CAUTION: This spell is a channeled spell, all damage received during the 8 seconds shorten the evocation, and mana regenerated parallel. Try to put yourself in safety before use. Cooldown (cooldown): 8minutes.
- Invocation of jewels: Summons of the jewels of different levels (Agate, Ruby, Citrine …). Using a gem makes you X mana. NOTE: All the jewels are on the same cooldown. Cooldown: 2 minutes.
TIP : To maximize the amount of mana at your disposal during combat along, here’s a tip that may help you to level 60.
Before the fight : You must have your evocation ready to use. Then, invoking a ruby mana AND mana citrine.
During the battle : Once you have used 2000 mana, use your Mana Ruby. Arrived at 0 mana, use Evocation. This allows you to have your cooldown mana citrine up again, and use your mana citrine thereafter. You will have used short of a fight your Ruby AND your mana mana citrine.
- No technical melee.
- A class is extremely fragile.
- No opportunity to cure except by bandages (up jurisdiction of First Aid is a huge benefit that will save your life more than once).
The mage talent
The magician has three different branches Arcane / Fire / Frost. It has the advantage of simple branches. Thus we understand the role of each branch at first glance. Let us study these three branches with a little more precision:
- The arcane branch : This is obviously the branch that will improve the mage Arcane spells. But it is also his “Tool Box”, which is complementary with spells from other schools of magic, allowing among other things better control of his mana.
- The fire branch : The branch of improving fire spells. A mage whose specialization is in the fire, intended to kill the enemy before he gets in melee. In other words, this is the branch that conventionally, inflicting the most damage to the opponent quickly with devastating spells. Fire specialization is designed for instances of types Ahn’Quiraj and Naxxramas. Furthermore, associated with certain points of the arcane tree, it is devastating in PVP.
- Frost branch : The branch improving Frost spells. A mage whose specialization is in frost seek to slow the enemy to inflict maximum damage before it happens to the body and body, and keep at a distance throughout the fight. It is conventionally branch of the mage who, together with the arcane branch, is particulary well suited to instances of type and Molten Heart of Blackwing Lair. Indeed, many of these monsters bodies have large resistances, or are immune to fire. In addition, there are lots in the tree as the frost ice barrier that absorbs damage and facilitates the work of healers, and the parade of ice that can raid to return the monster to the tank by the time it regain aggro (which happens in 90% of cases). Finally, be aware that this branch also allows better management of mana, when the equipment is not consistent (with a good% of critical talent Master elements can compensate for some loss of mana generated by spells fire more expensive).
To you now to mix these different branches, and distribute your talent points in order to adapt the mage to the sit-
uation, and how you play.
Once your Mage has equiped with the right build, you should consider a FULL Mage Leveling Guide to guide you through thousands of mobs and also million quests. I have been using Zygor Guides, which is an in-game guide, and automates the whole 1-85 path for leveling your mage. You can follow Zygor Guides for starting from any level, the guide will automatically show you what to do and where to go. It is now updated for Cataclysm. You can easily beat all your friends with this secret weapon to level 85. Click HERE to Check out the Zygor Guides Now.